Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes a rapper a legend?

md in ireland

Default What makes a rapper a legend?

Is all it takes a horrible early death?.. I'm saying this because of the Big L thread where 2 people (so far) have decribed him as a legend..

I'm not taking shots at them or Big L at all, I like L!, but what gives him this legendary status?.. But then again I wouldn't even call Biggie or Big Pun legends, just some great rappers who unfortuanly passed away early..

To me a rap legend has to do something for the rap game, Eazy brought gangsta rap to the mainstream and Pac seemed to be the driving force when the Westcoast was its most powerful and since he left this has become far more apparant..

I think that talent give someone legendary status and Big L was one of the most tallented person in rap game.

Quote Originally Posted by J.
    I think that talent give someone legendary status and Big L was one of the most tallented person in rap game.
    [size=18px]to me a legend is, u have to be talented, done something big, like puttin these new famous people on the map, like L did wit mase, camron, and jay (by puttin them on wax for the first time) or like eazy-e, who put nwa out, and compton to be known. you know stuff like that is wat makes u a legend[/size]

how did Big L die?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthlezz mutaphuccka
    how did Big L die?
    [size=18px]nine shots to the head and chest, right where he lived, in the same street he grew up in[/size]

md in ireland

Quote Originally Posted by BigL&Eazy-E
    Quote Originally Posted by J.
    [size=18px]to me a legend is, u have to be talented, done something big, like puttin these new famous people on the map, like L did wit mase, camron, and jay (by puttin them on wax for the first time) or like eazy-e, who put nwa out, and compton to be known. you know stuff like that is wat makes u a legend[/size]
    Yeha cuz Rick Rubin is the legend of all legends.. *waits for people to ask who HE is*

md in ireland

Also, no offense BTW, but you cant compare who and what L brought into the rap game with what Eazy did....

Quote Originally Posted by md in ireland
    you cant compare who and what L brought into the rap game with what Eazy did....

Also, no offense BTW, but you cant compare who and what L brought into the rap game with what Eazy did....

[size=18px]i cant, eazy-e did bring people in the game more greatly, but lyricaly, L is the victor[/size]

md in ireland

[size=18px]i cant, eazy-e did bring people in the game more greatly, but lyricaly, L is the victor[/size]
    Ok then.. "Legendary Lyricist" full stop.. I can agree with that

[size=18px]do u consider mac dre a legend? why?[/size]

md in ireland

[size=18px]do u consider mac dre a legend? why?[/size]
    Not a rap legend.. just a legend in his area, for he dedicated his life to it.. went to jail for his folks there.. influenced many up coming rappers and the new hyphy movement.. and like pac since losing him more people realize what he was to the yay

[size=18px]so who do u think are great legends?[/size]

md in ireland

Sugarhill Gang, RUN DMC, Eazy-E, Dr.Dre(hes effected the game in a major way), Ice-T.. people like that who have made a big difference

Sugarhill Gang, RUN DMC, Eazy-E, Dr.Dre(hes effected the game in a major way), Ice-T.. people like that who have made a big difference
    [size=18px]no comment
    but i respect ur opinion
    [/size]

pac
    big l
    eazy(#1)
    um i think big l said it perfectly. a legend should b sumbody who inpacts the game heavy, or influence other ppl, or jus do sumthin 2 take it 2 anotha level
    img]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/Kid_Future/pit.jpg[/img]

md in ireland

[size=18px]no comment
    but i respect ur opinion
    [/size]
    explain how you disagree.. I dont understand, most of the people I mentioned are proven legends, who in your opinion are rap legends?

[size=18px]no comment
    but i respect ur opinion
    [/size]
    explain how you disagree.. I dont understand, most of the people I mentioned are proven legends, who in your opinion are rap legends?
    i agree wit u. but there iz alot of rappers who [size=24px][/size]could[size=12px][/size] be considered legands

[size=18px]how do u not mention, pac, big L, biggie, eminem ( omg he's had a major impact on this rap game) mac dre, krs one, big daddy kane (made Big L wanna rap), nas ( not a big fan, but is looked up to and influenced our current rappers) and other mc's like that, i do think those rappers u mentioned are legends btw[/size]

alena

[size=18px]no comment
    but i respect ur opinion
    [/size]

BigL&EazyE, his favorite rappers...???

Quote Originally Posted by alena
    [size=18px]no comment
    but i respect ur opinion
    [/size]

BigL&EazyE, his favorite rappers...???
    :? [size=18px]haha i guess[/size]

alena

how CAN he mention Eminem on here??
    i dont wanna start this same bullshit as we did a while ago again but Eminem is a pest man
    what should make him a legend?
    he only sold his records cause he's whitey

[size=18px]eminem a very talented rapper, producer, business man, and has a great impact on this industry, i know people might disagree on the rapper part
    since he made "fack" "ass like that" and shit but if u really know em's music and have heard atleast the whole marshall mathers LP you'll agree wit me
    [/size]

had a look in my dictionary

Legend, story handed down from the past; a notable person or the stories of his or her exploits.

EAZY-ECPT.COM MEMBER 81

md in ireland

[size=18px]how do u not mention, pac, big L, biggie, eminem ( omg he's had a major impact on this rap game) mac dre, krs one, big daddy kane (made Big L wanna rap), nas ( not a big fan, but is looked up to and influenced our current rappers) and other mc's like that, i do think those rappers u mentioned are legends btw[/size]
    I said "people like that".. but I really dont think that Big L, Biggie, Eminem and MAC DRE are established RAP LEGENDS, I base this on the thought that "if they didnt exist then..".. but i feel they are legends to their own areas and fans.. I definatly agree on the rest though

Quote Originally Posted by BONESTA
    had a look in my dictionary

Legend, story handed down from the past; a notable person or the stories of his or her exploits.
    hahaha basicaly most of the ppl we b talkin bout. most

i dont wanna start this same bullshit as we did a while ago again but Eminem is a pest man
    i hate when ppl use the race card. thats sum bullshit. great music is colorblind. it dont matter than em's white. he still put alot ove emotion into his music. if u listen 2 certin songs like that song he did about is momz, u can feel his emotion

daddy_luv

how did Big L die?
    [size=18px]nine shots to the head and chest, right where he lived, in the same street he grew up in[/size]
    So, 9 shots can take out the good rapper but cant kill the shitty club rapper?

Quote Originally Posted by daddy_luv
    how did Big L die?
    So, 9 shots can take out the good rapper but cant kill the shitty club rapper?
    lol.....but it wuz iz messed up.

I said "people like that".. but I really dont think that Big L, Biggie, Eminem and MAC DRE are established RAP LEGENDS, I base this on the thought that "if they didnt exist then..".. but i feel they are legends to their own areas and fans.. I definatly agree on the rest though

word
    img]http://www.eazy-e.com/pictures/10.jpg[/img]

Stop Him In His Tracks Show Him That I Am Ru7hle55

Quote Originally Posted by answer
    i hate when ppl use the race card. thats sum bullshit. great music is colorblind. it dont matter than em's white. he still put alot ove emotion into his music. if u listen 2 certin songs like that song he did about is momz, u can feel his emotion
    yeh plus if you want to use the race thing, the fact him being white worked against him at the start of his career because of people like Vanilla Ice

Thread Information