Thread: do you think dj yella is underated?

Default do you think dj yella is underated?

I know I do. dude got mad songs like foe lov $,old scholl shit,crep n cral,muthaphucckin real
    ,still a nigga,gimmie dat nut, and more hes album was dope to. i think its asham that he always gets over shadowed
    by dr dre >. to me yella shits on the likes of will.i.am and timbland,swiss beats and all those other
    new school dickheads who else egreas? eazy-Li be nice im new here :-[
    Yeah High Rollin Big Money im Foldin
    Bitch On My Tip For The Dick im Holdin

Eazy-E Dopeman

EZ

Default Re: do you think dj yella is underated?

Not even some of the members of N.W.A would agree with you!

I remember readin an interivew with Ice Cube, where he's bein asked about the purpose of Yella in N.W.A!
    "He was just the guy jumpin into the picture"............that's what he exactly said about Yella!

But I don't know what to think of Yella!

hmm i herd that ice cube wanted yella to produce hes solo album on ruthless. but im not sure if thats true.
    besides if yella was wack why would dr dre work with him for so long. yella said in a interview that dr dre wanted him to go
    to deathrow with him. and besides you cant tell me chuck d and the bomb squad who produced amerkkas most wanted are better than yella,
    i meen you do have ears dont you? :P

Eazy-E Dopeman

EZ

Quote Originally Posted by eazy-li
    i meen you do have ears dont you? :P
    Yes, I do!

md in ireland

Every member of NWA have produced or co-produced an album at some stage and Yella has produced far less than Dre or Cube but I always liked Yella's beats - anyways how can people today rate Yella higher than Timbaland when Yella hasn't produced an album for years and is virtually never in the spotlight?

BTW Anyone heard that MC Ren song produced by Yella with the "groans" in the background? Thats a nice beat :P

[quote=<-J@K€-> ]
    Every member of NWA have produced or co-produced an album at some stage and Yella has produced far less than Dre or Cube but I always liked Yella's beats - anyways how can people today rate Yella higher than Timbaland when Yella hasn't produced an album for years and is virtually never in the spotlight?

yella produced most of st8 off da streets of compton.

Eazy-E Dopeman

NUFF SAID
    see you around buddy boy

RuthlessAttackMuzick Keyser Söze's Avatar

Yella was in the background dont think dre did every last bit of production.. Yella had his hand.. n for yella being underrated as a producer i think he is.. look at the production credits on eazy's last studio album like 9/10 of the tracks wer produced by yella not including the unfinshed Ruthless compilation he n eazy planned to do.. he n eazy produced yomo n maulkies album(whack album but production was good) he n eazy worked on BONE's first project together n also he was eazy's DJ n also a member of the original Ruthless Radio Show yella presented the freak of tha week did you hear the crowd at the HHAwards last year when ice t said 'n on the wheels of steel NWA's original mixmaster DJ YELLA!!'

all said n dunn us real fans give him respect dotn matter what anyone says he was there from the beginning of NWA/Ruthless to the fall of gangsta rap alone so he just put the music down n picked up a camera smart move since music industry is dead
    http://eazyeforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12411&dateline=1393739894

Quote Originally Posted by Homicide
    Yella was in the background dont think dre did every last bit of production.. Yella had his hand.. n for yella being underrated as a producer i think he is.. look at the production credits on eazy's last studio album like 9/10 of the tracks wer produced by yella not including the unfinshed Ruthless compilation he n eazy planned to do.. he n eazy produced yomo n maulkies album(whack album but production was good) he n eazy worked on BONE's first project together n also he was eazy's DJ n also a member of the original Ruthless Radio Show yella presented the freak of tha week did you hear the crowd at the HHAwards last year when ice t said 'n on the wheels of steel NWA's original mixmaster DJ YELLA!!'

all said n dunn us real fans give him respect dotn matter what anyone says he was there from the beginning of NWA/Ruthless to the fall of gangsta rap alone so he just put the music down n picked up a camera smart move since music industry is dead
    Real Talk Man
    Polish & Proud

i agree lot's of people dont even give him the respect he dersvers. like if someone never heard a n.w.a cd and you asked that person if they knew who yella was, they probably say no. cause he was never in the spot light.
    BOY YA SHOULD HAVE KNOW BY NOW, EAZY DUZ IT....

MY FAVORITE QUOTE BY EAZY MUTHFUKIN E.

Thread Information