Thread: ~ Los Angeles Rapper Forced To Cancel Colorado Show Because Of Gang Background ~

Default ~ Los Angeles Rapper Forced To Cancel Colorado Show Because Of Gang Background ~

Published: Saturday - January 26, 2008
    Words by Ronnie Gamble

Los Angeles rapper, Mr. Capone-E, recently pulled out of a scheduled Colorado concert after the city's DA pressured the rapper to cancel his show, claiming Capone-E promotes the gang lifestyle.

According to a report from News2 in Denver, Weld County District Attorney Ken Buck recently said he's do everything within his power to stop the rapper from performing at a concert in Greeley, Colorado after he saw fliers promoting an upcoming concert.

Buck, who's worked for years trying to solve his county's gang problem, says that although Mr. Capone-E claims to be a "former" gang member, his music and videos clear promote gang lifestyle, and he says there's no place for him in Greeley.

"There must be some good rap music out there but this isn't good, wholesome music, this is just disgusting," Buck told News2. "It degrades women, encourages violence against police officers and it's all the things we don't want in our Weld County community."

Although Mr. Capone-E doesn't agree with Buck, he pulled out of the show for the best interest of the public.

The rapper said that although he did grow up around the gang lifestyle in Los Angeles, he's turned his life around since then, and believes he is now a positive role model.

"I came from the streets in Los Angeles, from the gang lifestyle, but I want people to know I've turned into a positive role model," the rapper told the news station.

"I've played in Denver, Pueblo, La Junta and Colorado Springs and it's been lovely, all good, it's never been a problem," he added.

Responding to Buck's claims of gang problems within Greeley, Capone-E said he shouldn't be blamed because of his background, further stating that those problems have never arisen at his shows.

"There's gang problems everywhere, you know, but that shouldn't be my problem," he said. "I'm a musician, an artist and that problem shouldn't be my problem, it's the city's problem. There's never been a gang problem at any of my shows."

Although the show will not go on as planned, the show's promoter says there may be another concert date at a future date.

Default Re: ~ Los Angeles Rapper Forced To Cancel Colorado Show Because Of Gang Backgrou

wtf!!!!! mr. capone-e raps about chillin back in the summertime how is that gang life?

Default Re: ~ Los Angeles Rapper Forced To Cancel Colorado Show Because Of Gang Backgrou

thats stupid
    [size=50pt]FUCK THE POLICE[/size]!

Default Re: ~ Los Angeles Rapper Forced To Cancel Colorado Show Because Of Gang Background ~

BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by O.G.
    thats stupid

Default Re: ~ Los Angeles Rapper Forced To Cancel Colorado Show Because Of Gang Background ~

really dn't care

[quote author=Mighty D.R. link=topic=19797.msg253356#msg253356 date=1278934811]
    I had a weasel noodles idea one time when I had an Ajaxution and was DOPEMAN'd, in which I'd TrippleOG this chick that was being a real JusBCunt, FROST her up, and then not call the bitch! So I got her alone, took my brick out, was about to EH!!!!!, pulled her panties down and found out that the bitch was a well disguised fruit snack! :-X[/quote]

Meh

Ghetto187

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 THUGSTA
    really dn't care

Thread Information