Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody Buy "Fresh Out The Pen" Yet?

Default Re: Anybody Buy "Fresh Out The Pen" Yet?

I have the album. Its pretty damn good but unfortunately there is one small problem. The audio quality is horrible. It is actually one of the worst recordings I have ever heard. Its like he was mastering from an mp3. Can anyone explain what happened on this CD to me? I mean how does ATL Legends sound so clear and this album so bad? Tracks are awesome but I just wish they werent screeching to the point I have to just grab another ATL CD and listen to that instead. I guess the real bummer here is that I buy everything on CD just to have the real deal and because the quality should rip apart mp3 to shreds. Unfortunately, it doesnt matter at all with this CD. It was not recorded well so it sounds like he boosted the treble, pumped up the bass, and then added compression. Someone must have stolen 187s actual masters while he was in prison and he must have just been left with some really weak recordings of those that he had thrown in a safe or something. That is the only way I can see that he would release something like that. HE IS A MUSICIAN and he knows sound quality. Come on 187, re-make the thing and I'll buy it again. Just get it right this time. As a side note, I have every album. I have every intention of continuing to buy them. The direction 187 is going with his music is fine. I really like the new trracks alot. I love the older stuff too. Just had to get the sound quality issue off my chest...

Quote Originally Posted by blair
    I have the album. Its pretty damn good but unfortunately there is one small problem. The audio quality is horrible. It is actually one of the worst recordings I have ever heard. Its like he was mastering from an mp3. Can anyone explain what happened on this CD to me? I mean how does ATL Legends sound so clear and this album so bad? Tracks are awesome but I just wish they werent screeching to the point I have to just grab another ATL CD and listen to that instead. I guess the real bummer here is that I buy everything on CD just to have the real deal and because the quality should rip apart mp3 to shreds. Unfortunately, it doesnt matter at all with this CD. It was not recorded well so it sounds like he boosted the treble, pumped up the bass, and then added compression. Someone must have stolen 187s actual masters while he was in prison and he must have just been left with some really weak recordings of those that he had thrown in a safe or something. That is the only way I can see that he would release something like that. HE IS A MUSICIAN and he knows sound quality. Come on 187, re-make the thing and I'll buy it again. Just get it right this time. As a side note, I have every album. I have every intention of continuing to buy them. The direction 187 is going with his music is fine. I really like the new trracks alot. I love the older stuff too. Just had to get the sound quality issue off my chest...

Private message hiphopthug95rip he can help ya on y the quality was not very great!

Muthaphukkin BROTHAHOOD

Naw, not yet, for some reason.

Buy the CD. People like 187,Paris,Bassnectar and all the people that refuse to sell out to big labels need to be supported. Support the real music and sell all your Eminem and 50 cent CDs to do it. Those CDs should have been in the garbage long ago anyway...

Buy the CD. People like 187,Paris,Bassnectar and all the people that refuse to sell out to big labels need to be supported. Support the real music and sell all your Eminem and 50 cent CDs to do it. Those CDs should have been in the garbage long ago anyway...
    i agree

i bought the paris album so did ghetto187

we only buy albums that speak real shit...not that pre-school ring around the rosey shit...fuck all that bullshit fuck 50 cent & g-unit & all that other crap!

Never did get around to buying this...

I'm not trying to be a hater or anything, but if you want me to "sell all my Eminem CDs" and shit, and support "real artists" then give me some good fucking audio quality, I'm not gonna buy an album that sounds like an abortion hitting the floor just because the artist is "real." It isn't like it's hard to get CD quality shit, and I know this because the mixers on here who are using a $50 program have better sounding shit then the guy whos been mixing/master/making beats since the '80s and recorded in a live studio, and that's BAD.

Muthaphukkin BROTHAHOOD

I'm not selling my Eminem cd. It's a damn good cd.

Muthaphukkin BROTHAHOOD

Quote Originally Posted by DL
    Never did get around to buying this...

I'm not trying to be a hater or anything, but if you want me to "sell all my Eminem CDs" and shit, and support "real artists" then give me some good fucking audio quality, I'm not gonna buy an album that sounds like an abortion hitting the floor just because the artist is "real." It isn't like it's hard to get CD quality shit, and I know this because the mixers on here who are using a $50 program have better sounding shit then the guy whos been mixing/master/making beats since the '80s and recorded in a live studio, and that's BAD.
    Agreed. If your mix is bad, you better get your ass back in the studio. If it ain't a basement tape, then there should be no excuse.

Super Moderator

Agree with Dl, Ajax and Ajax

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Dat Krayzie Azz Mexican
    Agree with Dl, Ajax and Ajax

the quality was excellent on the 2 cd's i heard.
    i dont know why the one u have doesnt sound that great.
    everything sounded well mixed and done to me.
    have u tried playing it in a few different stereos. maybe that is the problem.
    anyways, albums great. classic cold187um shit. ill give it a listen today to see if it can hear what u talkin bout.
    A mad man from tha streets / A Ruthless Hustla / Eazy-E, Tha Hip Hop Thugsta - Eazy-E

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopthug95rip
    the quality was excellent on the 2 cd's i heard.
    i dont know why the one u have doesnt sound that great.
    everything sounded well mixed and done to me.
    have u tried playing it in a few different stereos. maybe that is the problem.
    anyways, albums great. classic cold187um shit. ill give it a listen today to see if it can hear what u talkin bout.
    That's interesting... Were there more batches made or something? It's not just me and it's not just my stereos. I have had this confirmed by tons of friends. I haven't seen anyone that didn't have a pretty confused look on their face about how bad it sounded. I'm running some pretty good equipment in both my house and car and it is the worst sounding disc in my collection followed closely by the new Everlast. Can anyone back me up on this who bought it? Or confirm that it does indeed sound fine? On my CD, the audio quality is screechy and the background missing whenever louder sounds play. This happens throughout the album except the very last track. The track America X sounds great! There is a significant difference between that track and the others on the disc.

Thread Information