Thread: Gangsta Dresta Interview

Default Gangsta Dresta Interview

i dont know if this been posted but heres a interview by Dresta

Dresta was interviewed on Toronto's CFXJ 93.5 out of Ontario. Here it is. Got it from a Canadian DJ.

DJ Ron: Dresta, what have you been doing the past few years since you dropped your last album Real Brothas.

Dresta: Did some work with Kam, Mc Ren, and Death Row. I really been more on the behind the scenes stuff right now with working with artists and potential artists from Compton. I got a solo album finished and actually I just finished it this past week. It's titled When Two Hoodz Collide.

DJ Ron: Who if anyone can we expect on your solo album?

Dresta: I have two unreleased Eazy E tracks that I bought from DJ Yella that are getting thrown on there. Basically E and me on one track which is really hot. The 2nd track will be an all star crew with Eazy finishing out. Remember Parental Discretion is advised from N.W.A.? It will be something like that.

DJ Ron: Who will be the emcees on that track?

Dresta: Eazy E, MC Ren, Kurupt, Ice Cube, and myself.

DJ Ron: Wow, that sounds like a killer lineup almost like the original NWA.

Dresta: Well, there will never be an original NWA without Eazy E. I mean what they tried to do back in 2000-2001 with the Up In Smoke Tour and all of that. The Chin Check record and Hello were just a weak attempt to bring back something you can't without Eazy. It won't ever happen. It won't ever be successful and Ice Cube and Ren know that.

DJ Ron: You made a track F. N.W.A. and dissed them cats pretty hard. Have you spoke to any of them about that and if so what did they say?

Dresta: I did. I talked to Mc Ren and Ice Cube. First off. I never dissed Ren on that track. Ren is from Compton and he grew up right around the corner from Eazy so I always had respect for the Villian and would never diss him. Cube and me met up at a South Central Swap Meet and we approached each other like men and discussed the beef and Cube saw where I was coming from. Cube said that it won't ever be an NWA without Eazy or Yella so he decided to end it before they started it.

DJ Ron: So Ice Cube ended it?

Dresta: Well Ice Cube and Ren. Lorenzo didn't want a reunion without at least Yella in it and Ice Cube was against it all together with having Snoop in the group. I am going tell all of Canada something right now. Ice Cube said he never wanted Snoop in the group in the first place but it was Dr. Dre who begged him to put him in there to replace Eazy.

DJ Ron: Did Cube and Dre ever get into it about that?

Dresta: Yea, and Cube agreed to do a few tracks but he said there will be no album with Snoop in the group and therefore you never saw no serious work ever being done with Not these ni**az again.

DJ Ron: Do you feel it was your responsibility to address that situation about N.W.A by dissing them.

Dresta: I did it because I thought they was disrespecting Eazy by putting that out. I had no beef with anyone in the group at the time even Dr. Dre. It was Snoop who I wanted to knock out and almost did in Ponoma one time. He high tailed it in his Cadillac and got out otherwise I would have busted his legs because he knew we were really one on one with him and his homie and me and mine.

DJ Ron: My only thing is why fault Snoop? He didn't ask to be in it did he?

Dresta: Thats what I am saying. He did ask. He pushed it. His little cousin Daz pushed it. Daz is still scared of me to this day. Go on his website. Check all the audio disses on there. Never. Not one diss ever towards Gangsta Dresta. The beef was never squashed. He fears me. I can't even tell you how many phone calls I had in 1995 from Daz's camp begging me to end the beef. Daz has never been dissed by another rapper like I dissed him. I dedicated about 7 tracks on that album calling him out. We made a video with B.G. and we dissed him in there. He never ever once has ever said anything about me. Nor will he ever. He knows I can end his life at the time of my choosing. It's just a fact. I find it funny he going after Death Row, Kurupt, Outlawz, and all these other cats. He won't ever holler my name. Neither will Snoop. Both some punks. If I see either of them in the public. Im breaking there jaw and some teeth.

DJ Ron: Do you still really have beef with them? Will you address anyone else on your new album?

Dresta: I have a track called " Missing ". I go after some cats. Some people may not understand why I call some cats out but you will once you hear it.

DJ Ron: Can you tell us who gets talked about?

Dresta: I get at some people. I aint afraid to name names. I am coming at The Releast, Daz, Snoop, 50 Cent, Kokane, Luke, and Nas.

DJ Ron: It sounds like you got a lot to say. No Dr. Dre on there? Beef squashed?

Dresta: I aint mad at Dre. Dre making his money. Dre handling his business. I talked to Dre on the phone and he wanted me on a song on Detox but I was shopping for a label at the time and I still am but at that time I really couldn't get with him even though he was trying to holla at me. I think in the future you will see a Dre and Dresta collabo.

DJ Ron: Would Eazy have approved?

Dresta: Dre gained my respect by visiting Eazy that day at Mt. Sinai and I saw him in the lobby. He shook my hand. I have no beef with Dre.

DJ Ron: What do you think about all the stories about Death Row, 2pac rumors beating down Sam Sneed, Kurupt getting beat by Pac etc?

Dresta: All a bunch of nonsense. Most of it by Daz. I will tell you the truth about Daz though. He did put a call into Outburst Records in 1995 and told our manager that he would not be dissing myself or my brother on Dogg Food. He said that he was a church going brother and doesn't want the beef to continue. He conveniently left that out of all his Fake oops I mean Real Audio online. Ask him about those phone calls to Outburst.

DJ Ron: Thanks for stopping by Toronto and when can we expect to see your album?

Dresta: I am definitely going to be dropping it by the end of the year. I may go the independent route. Just look out for it. You will see the promo's in the Source, XXL, and other outlets. I am just busy right now just looking at distribution and some other aspects that I want so when it drops everyone can cop it all across the nation and throughout the world!.
    See Ya Around Buddy Boy...

Default Re: Gangsta Dresta Interview

haha daz is drestas little bitch

WICKED

Sooo.. where's da album?

Quote Originally Posted by IwisOG View Post
    Sooo.. where's da album?
    he is in jail so... and bg knocc never told us what happend and how long he got sentenced

Quote Originally Posted by Janesta View Post
    he is in jail so... and bg knocc never told us what happend and how long he got sentenced
    This interview is old though.

Thread Information