Thread: Eazy considered signing one of the groups from The D.O.C. video to Ruthless

Default Eazy considered signing one of the groups from The D.O.C. video to Ruthless

After watching the video for The D.O.C.'s "The Formula", I've been looking up an artist called "New Kids in the Hood", who appeared in the beginning of that video, and apparently they're not a real rap group. However, I just found this interview from 2009 where this rapper named LMNO said that Eazy wanted to sign "New Kids in the Hood" to Ruthless, but LMNO didn't want him to do that. Here's what he said:

"Not necessarily. Eazy wanted to sign that whole New Kids In The Hood and he was really serious about it, and I was embarrassed about it, because low-key, I wanted to be a rapper. I was juvenile back then, and I was already to go. I was just like, "Nah you shouldn’t [say something], that’s not a good look." We would be at his house and I would be arguing with Eazy E about the group. In an indirect way, they did have a hand on. Eazy E just saw it from a commercial perspective. CPO was the most hands-on, like he was willing to write raps for me, that's just how it was back then. Nah, they didn’t have a direct hand, but they had an indirect one."

The fact that Eazy wanted to sign "New Kids in the Hood" must have taken place in 1989 since that's the year the video for "The Formula" was shot and released.

Here's an image of the group calling themselves "New Kids in the Hood", in case you don't know which group I'm talking about in the beginning of the D.O.C. video:
    A real muthaphukkin G that was born in 1989 - what a good year. It was a good year for rap/hip hop and even rock music. 1989 was when N.W.A. became popular and then Ice Cube left, Ronald Reagan left White House and George Bush took his place, Above the Law came to life and The D.O.C. released No One Can Do It Better before a car accident fucked up his voice.

My top 35 albums of 1989

Peace to dem niggaz, even you Eazy!

Default Re: Eazy considered signing one of the groups from The D.O.C. video to Ruthless

Man Nice Read Homie Very Interesting Facts

Default Re: Eazy considered signing one of the groups from The D.O.C. video to Ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthlessmutha View Post
    Man Nice Read Homie Very Interesting Facts
    Thanks, Ruthlessmutha!
    A real muthaphukkin G that was born in 1989 - what a good year. It was a good year for rap/hip hop and even rock music. 1989 was when N.W.A. became popular and then Ice Cube left, Ronald Reagan left White House and George Bush took his place, Above the Law came to life and The D.O.C. released No One Can Do It Better before a car accident fucked up his voice.

My top 35 albums of 1989

Peace to dem niggaz, even you Eazy!

Thread Information