Thread: Thoughts On Striaght Outta Compton ?

Default Thoughts On Striaght Outta Compton ?

So I went to see the movie I wanted to know ya'll thoughts on it before I gave my thoughts on it
    Follow me on snapchat @Shelooklikastar

Default Re: Thoughts On Striaght Outta Compton ?

Must wait till 27th of August. That's the date when Straight Outta Compton drops in my country.... :/

they fucked up the timeline of the movie, but they got a directors cut coming up which will feature hours more footage that should tell the story properly

and then i got banned lol

bad movie imo, good actors tho, but yeah they really skimmed through it, played 1996 2pac songs in 1993, and the eazy/dre beef didnt happen according to the movie

Was Eazy really portrayed not right? Dirty Red said, that they made him broke and shit like that.
    Was Jerry also the "evil man" in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Niki-G View Post
    Was Eazy really portrayed not right? Dirty Red said, that they made him broke and shit like that.
    Was Jerry also the "evil man" in the movie?
    they did portray nwa as broke after cube left
    suge was the devil, jerry was a good guy besides the steal money thing

^ Thanks for the info.
    Is it true, that Eazy cried when he saw The Chronic Billboards? I was like WTF is this shit?!

^ Thanks for the info.
    Is it true, that Eazy cried when he saw The Chronic Billboards? I was like WTF is this shit?!
    Yes it is true and they made Eazy seem like he was weak and they made it seem like he didn't do anything after Dre left the group. So there was no mention of Real Muthafuckin G's and I thought that it seemed more like the movie was about Dre and Cube

Quote Originally Posted by Odeon View Post
    bad movie imo, good actors tho, but yeah they really skimmed through it, played 1996 2pac songs in 1993, and the eazy/dre beef didnt happen according to the movie
    I thought the dude that was playing Dre wasn't a good actor he couldn't cry on cue and I hated that they made it seem like Eazy didn't do anything after Dre left. I was like so we all just going to act like Real Muthafuckin G's didn't happen?...Ok

Quote Originally Posted by MrsEricLynnWright View Post
    Yes it is true and they made Eazy seem like he was weak and they made it seem like he didn't do anything after Dre left the group. So there was no mention of Real Muthafuckin G's and I thought that it seemed more like the movie was about Dre and Cube
    Wow.... It pisses me off, how Cube and Dre are showing "respect" to Eazy, their "business partner" and "good friend". I mean, if Dre don't want to bring up the diss era, fine (kinda),
    but saying Eazy was broke, weak and nothing, after these ego tripping motherfuckers left Ruthless, is just ignorant. Bottomline. For what was that bitch Tomica good?! And why they didn't called someone, who was with Eazy these last days
    (Bone, Knoccy, Dresta, Red) And the worst thing is: They would claim, that all this shit actually happened, because they "knew" Eazy better, than anybody SMDH.
    Last edited by Niki-G; 08-18-2015 at 06:33 PM.

That's what I was saying I mean don't get me wrong the movie was good but there was just some parts I didn't agree with. I hated that they made Eazy look bad and BG was pissed about the moive too he said how come Snoop can be in the movie but not me ? and then he said why didn't the mention DJ Speed getting fired because he was in the movie too.
    Wow.... It pisses me off, how Cube and Dre are showing "respect" to Eazy, their "business partner" and "good friend". I mean, if Dre don't want to bring up the diss era, fine (kinda),
    but saying Eazy was broke, weak and nothing, after these ego tripping motherfuckers left Ruthless, is just ignorant. Bottomline. For what was that bitch Tomica good?! And why they didn't called someone, who was with Eazy these last days
    (Bone, Knoccy, Dresta, Red) And the worst thing is: They would claim, that all this shit actually happened, because they "knew" Eazy better, than anybody SMDH.

^ Thanks for the info.
    he didnt cry but he got emotional
    pretty sure its a dramatisation of this:
    https://youtu.be/Eukxj2zXTog?t=252

Quote Originally Posted by Odeon View Post
    he didnt cry but he got emotional
    pretty sure its a dramatisation of this:
    https://youtu.be/Eukxj2zXTog?t=252
    Ah Okay. Still sucks, that they claimed, that E went broke
    after Cube and Dre left.

jus watched staraight outta compton westside day feelin stra8 outta barson blood suuwoo nigga wit attitude

Yeah I hate how they made Eazy look So what do ya'll think of Dre's new album

this nwa film was alright

wasup to the forums keep it ruthless

eazythug95 n im out muthaphukka
    Last edited by EazyThug95; 09-04-2015 at 02:13 AM.

Saw it yesterday.Thought it was like an 8 outta 10 being an Eazy-E fan.Like other people have mentioned some things didn't sit right with me.
    Cube comes up to a table when Eazy and Jerry are having lunch,Cube comes up and is like"sorry to interupt yall lobster lunch"sips the wine/champagne or whatever they drinking and he's like "someday"-its a complete disrespecting scene to me.
    Eazy is watching the Rodney king verdict in a mansion with Jerry-Cube and Dre are seen to be driving through the hood while the riots are on.Cube made to look hard as fuck in the NY club as Eazy approaches him like he superior.Eazy seeing the Chronic billboard 5 mill sold and almost crying?He came back with a 3mill album.
    The shithole house he is seen living in at the end?
    Dre is made to look hard as fuck against suge at the end-did it really go down like that?i dunno.
    Also a scene when Dre is leaving he reminds Eazy he said they would always be brothers when Dres brother died but he guess he forgot that-i really hope it did happen like that?Cause thats some fowl shit to put in if its false
    Overall if you an NWA fan this is prob as good a movie as you could have hoped for and just as a movie itself i'd still just give it an 8/10 compared to like other proper movies like the doors/goodfellas-that type of shit im meaning acting wise here.
    I though the guy who played Eazy was a 10/10,Cubes son 8/10 and Dre was a 10/10.
    It did have lots of good bits in it and 'ill prob go back and see it again though lol.
    Last edited by da_paul2; 08-29-2015 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by da_paul2 View Post
    Saw it yesterday.Thought it was like an 8 outta 10 being an Eazy-E fan.Like other people have mentioned some things didn't sit right with me.
    Cube comes up to a table when Eazy and Jerry are having lunch,Cube comes up and is like"sorry to interupt yall lobster lunch"sips the wine/champagne or whatever they drinking and he's like "someday"-its a complete disrespecting scene to me.
    Eazy is watching the Rodney king verdict in a mansion with Jerry-Cube and Dre are seen to be driving through the hood while the riots are on.Cube made to look hard as fuck in the NY club as Eazy approaches him like he superior.Eazy seeing the Chronic billboard 5 mill sold and almost crying?He came back with a 3mill album.
    The shithole house he is seen living in at the end?
    Dre is made to look hard as fuck against suge at the end-did it really go down like that?i dunno.
    Also a scene when Dre is leaving he reminds Eazy he said they would always be brothers when Dres brother died but he guess he forgot that-i really hope it did happen like that?Cause thats some fowl shit to put in if its false
    Overall if you an NWA fan this is prob as good a movie as you could have hoped for and just as a movie itself i'd still just give it an 8/10 compared to like other proper movies like the doors/goodfellas-that type of shit im meaning acting wise here.
    I though the guy who played Eazy was a 10/10,Cubes son 8/10 and Dre was a 10/10.
    It did have lots of good bits in it and 'ill prob go back and see it again though lol.
    These things you mentioned are the reason why I don't want to watch the movie.
    I have no problem if E weared a SOX cap in '86 but gotdamn why showing him "from a Kingpin to a broke loser"

I really liked the movie! Off course its from Cube n Dre perspective, but it could have been so much worse!

So, I've got the chance to see the movie (I'm honest, a friend gave me the DVD, so...)
    It's.... Well I'm splitted a lil bit. Some parts are really dope, like the whole pre N.W.A.
    era and when Eazy was recording Boys in tha Hood. Also, a big shout out to Jason Mitchell.
    He did a good acting job, hands down. On the other hand, there are some things that really annoyed me.
    Let's start with the good stuff: Like I said before, Jason did a excellent job playing the charismatic Eazy
    in the pre N.W.A. era, making fun with them boys. I also loved the scene, when everyone from N.W.A. was kinda "upset",
    because the angry people destroyed the records and Eazy wasn't bothered and said that this was the people's money,
    that they've thrown out. THAT was Eric! He never bothered about this stuff. That's why it annoyed me, how
    he was portrayed so "naive", like he's so thankful for Jerry and Jerry's just handling the business. But Jason had to
    play the role. So ain't mad at him. Another aspect that was really hard to watch (especially for a Eazy-E fan) is seeing the process how
    he's dying. Man, it gave me them feels. Like Marquise said in the interview, I highly believe that this scene would be pretty damn hard
    to play the whole process for one of his children. About the timeline: The Tupac scene was just stupid. Pac came to Death Row after
    Eric passed. What was the purpose of the scene? Another thing that was straight up bullshit and we all know that is how Eazy went downhill
    after Dre left. I really don't know if Tomica had a fucked up memory or what?! You can feel that this movie is heavily about Dr. Dre and Ice Cube
    (I think even Dre got more screen time, than Cube) and what's about that hardcore gangsta persona from Dre? We all know the real Dr. Dre.
    Yella and Ren felt really off. I really wonder, how they felt about that. Did the whole Eazy and Dre making amends on the telefone happened?
    So, what to say in the end? I don't know if the movie really did Eazy justice. It started good, like his "hood days" and the whole N.W.A. process,
    but went straight downhill after showing him still as a "ghetto" businessman. Come on, every fucking body's highly praised, how a great
    businessman he was.
    Last edited by Niki-G; 09-03-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Just watched it. Great movie, but terrible in its revisionist history.

The whole movie makes Dre and Cube look like hardcore mafuckas, who never did no wrong. Everything about Eazy has already been said, straight up bullshit how they portrayed him.

Fuck Dre, and fuck his Compton album too.

Other than that, it's a decent movie.

EAZY MUTHAPHUKKIN E Dangerous187's Avatar

Some people here including me knew the story before the movie came out and of course Ice Cube and Dre made some changes for their part in the story.
    Only thing that sucks is, as expected, the movie turned Eazy-E into some kind of pop culture thing that is cool to like, People I know who've never even heard of Eazy-E before the movie and I see them wearing Eazy-E t-shirts and shit and even worse getting Eazy-E tattoos and acting like they where fans before the movie came out, It's no longer cool to like Eazy-E.
    "I'm The Dream Catcher but, Nothing but Nightmares I Caught"

"Tell Ya Momma To Get Off Of My Tip, I Have No Time To Give Her My Dick"

I'm all for spreading the Eazy-E love, but this current generation (trap/club music) don't deserve the honor to listen to Eazy.

Thread Information