Thread: Eazy-E Hologram Coming to Rock the Bells!

Default Eazy-E Hologram Coming to Rock the Bells!

http://allhiphop.com/2013/05/15/excl...ock-the-bells/
    http://www.complex.com/music/2013/05...-dirty-bastard
    (AllHipHop News) Ol Dirty Bastard and Eazy-E’s spirits will return to the stage at Rock The Bells this year, AllHipHop has learned.

The pair of Hip-Hop legends will have holograms performing this year at the 10-year anniversary of the rap festival.

Eazy-E will perform virtually with Bone Thugs-In-Harmony and ODB will rock with Wu Tang. Organizers said Eazy never blessed the Rock The Bells stage and ODB only did once.

Also, the “holograms” are approved by Eazy-E’s wife Tomica Wright and Ol Dirty’s mother, Cherry Jones.

Tupac’s Coachella appearance inspired the new virtual performances at Rock The Bells, organizers admitted.

For more on the tour and line-up, read below.

SAN BERNARDINO, CA SAN MANUEL AMPHITHEATER SEPTEMBER 7-8

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA SHORELINE AMPHITHEATER SEPTEMBER 14-15

WASHINGTON, DC FESTIVAL GROUNDS @ RFK SEPTEMBER 28-29

RUTHERFORD, NJ MEADOWLANDS RACETRACK OCTOBER 4-5

Below is the entire line-up of Rock The Bells, 2013:

Big Krit Black Hippy BODEGA BAMZ Bone Thugs N Harmony Brother Ali Chase and Status Common Currensy Danny Brown DILATED PEOPLES Dizzy Wright Dom Kennedy E-40 & Too Short Earl Sweatshirt Flatbush Zombies Hit-Boy Hopsin Immortal Technique Jhene Aiko Juicy J Jurassic 5 Kid Cudi LeCrae Mimosa Prof Rakim Snow Tha Product Supernatural Talib Kweli Tech N9ne Tyler the Creator Wu-Tang Clan
    Last edited by EazySteve; 05-15-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Default Re: Eazy-E Hologram Coming to Rock the Bells!

Someone has to film it and upload it to youtube, want to see it!

Still dunno whether i like this hologram thing or not. Either way it exposes Eazy to a wider audience so im all for it!
    "Most people - same job, same gig, doing the same thing 10 years from now. Us, we don't know what we are doing 10 minutes from now. "

too sick!!

Finally !!!
    OP is a faggot

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous187 View Post
    It's not gay if I'm dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruslan_Wright View Post
    Right. I was a little mistake
    OC

Something about this hologram thing doesn't sit right with me.

Hell yeah, that some great news!

DJ Yella -- one of the founding members of N.W.A -- will not be reaching back like a pimp and smacking the person who greenlit the Eazy-E hologram ... 'cause he thinks it's pretty damn cool.

TMZ spoke with Yella -- who also produced Eazy's first solo album -- and the guy tells us he thinks it's GREAT that his deceased friend will come back to life (via hologram) to perform at the Rock the Bells hip-hop festival in September.

"It's cool that a younger generation will get to experience [Eazy's] music," Yella says.

Yella tells us he's "most likely" going to attend one of the shows ... and REEAALLLY hopes the hologram performs "Boyz-n-the-Hood" and "Foe tha Love of $," alongside Bone Thugs.

The 45-year-old rap pioneer says ... he feels the hologram is a "pretty nice tribute" to both Eazy and N.W.A ... but says he was kinda hoping the group would score an even bigger honor.

"We should have been in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year," Yella says ... "But this is cool too."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/15/eazy-e...#ixzz2TTphyQxs

"On behalf of bone thugs n harmony we can't wait to hit the stage this year for rock the bells with our mentor and the person who started gangsta rap and put us on in the industry to do what we love!" Bone Thugs' manager Steve Lobel said in a statement to RapFix. "It is going to feel awesome being on stage with eazy-e performing again with him!"

Eazy’s widow Tomica Wright and ODB’s mother, Cherry Jones are also both on board. "This is the perfect setting because it's nostalgic – it's bringing back someone that's opened doors, both ODB and Eazy-E," Wright told RollingStone on Wednesday (May 15). "It has to be the right place in the right form."

A holographic depiction of Eazy is slated to be used when his protégés Bone Thugs-N-Harmony take the stage at the traveling Rock the Bells festival.

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/05/15/eaz...lls-holograms/

Loved ones of late rappers Ol' Dirty Bastard, Eazy-E say they're fully supportive of virtual recreations

By Steve Baltin
    May 15, 2013 12:20 PM ET

Since the Tupac hologram debuted at Coachella last year, reaction has been mixed, to say the least. But when the virtual Eazy and Ol' Dirty Bastard take the stage at Rock the Bells, as announced last night in L.A., it will be with the full support of their families.

"Last night was the first time I saw it, and to me, it was so wonderful to stand by him again," ODB's mother, Cherry Jones, told Rolling Stone. "I don't know how I'm going to react – they'll have to carry me off. But I think it's amazing. I want to sing with it."

Tupac's Mother 'Positively Thrilled' By Coachella Hologram

Tomica Wright, widow of Eazy-E, is excited to have a new audience of fans see her late husband onstage again, in performance with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. "To have old generations, new generations be able to experience that chemistry between ODB and Eazy and Bones – you see it on video, you see it on the Internet, but to feel it and have that sense of presence is a great experience," she said. "It's a great milestone and one, for me personally, as a friend, a family member and also knowing that his children, maybe some of his grandchildren and people who have idolized from a distance and never had that experience are able to experience a portion of that, is a great thing."

Jones seconded that enthusiasm, sharing Wright's excitement about new fans seeing her son onstage (with Wu-Tang Clan): "This keeps the artists alive. Dirty was a great artist onstage. This is going to be something else, because he was really great onstage," she said. "I just want to see the look on his sister and brother's face, his children, grandchildren . . . I can't wait."

This is the 10th anniversary of Rock the Bells, which started in 2004 in San Bernardino with a reunited Wu-Tang Clan (including ODB) onstage. In those 10 years RTB, under the auspices of Guerilla Union and CEO Chang Weisberg, has become the biggest hip-hop festival, with performances by acts ranging from Nas and Snoop Dogg to Lauryn Hill, A Tribe Called Quest and more. Wright has watched the festival grow, and she feels it is the perfect forum for these performances.

"Looking at the professionalism of Chang's team and how long they sustained and they continue to carry the integrity of this music, the integrity of the artists and keep it moving and viable in a safe atmosphere – it's going to be a great experience," she said. "The Coachella crowd, their attachment is awe, but this crowd, we are a product of that environment – we follow it, it's our life, it's our lifestyle, and we carry it on day in and day out. To be a part of that experience, it's motivating. It gives you more dreams and aspirations to carry it on further, so this is a stepping stone to the next level."

The 2Pac hologram was used only twice, at both weekends of Coachella 2012. Will the Eazy and ODB holograms be reserved strictly for the four announced Rock the Bells dates, or will they have virtual life after the festival wraps up in New Jersey on October 4th and 5th?

According to Wright, the avatars will be used going forward, but very exclusively: "selectively, in the proper form and setting, and not over-exploiting it. That's what keeps it grassroots, that's what keeps it authentic. So this is the perfect setting because it's nostalgic – it's bringing back someone that's opened doors, both ODB and Eazy-E," she said. "It has to be the right place in the right form."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2TTrvtBdB

I may have my opinions about this whole hologram thing but it's good that Eazy will be exposed to a much wider audience. Finally Tomica got off her ass and did something for this man's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iva Fetish View Post
    I may have my opinions about this whole hologram thing but it's good that Eazy will be exposed to a much wider audience. Finally Tomica got off her ass and did something for this man's legacy.
    you said it!!!!

Super Moderator

This is great news. When the 2Pac hologram thing happened people on here were saying they should do an Eazy-E one and I never thought they actually would. Eazy's getting the respect and recognition he deserves, even if the hologram is a little weird.

Long live eazy-e!!!!
    " Fuck my Baby's Momma / That Bitch got Drama "

Rock The Bells founder Chang Weisberg explains exactly what fans are expected. Contrary to former headlines, Rock The Bells will not have hologram performances by ODB and Eazy.

“It’s an original virtual performance, not a hologram. I never used the word hologram. There are a number of multimedia visual effects that will be applied that will definitely at the very least make the performances look like a hologram. People’s minds will be blown.”

Quote Originally Posted by miskelinto View Post
    “It’s an original virtual performance, not a hologram. I never used the word hologram. There are a number of multimedia visual effects that will be applied that will definitely at the very least make the performances look like a hologram. People’s minds will be blown.”

I'm still not sure what the difference is?

i dont know im a little iffy about it im kind of with Jerry on the not agreeing thing
    Follow me on snapchat @Shelooklikastar

Thread Information